Friday, November 28, 2008

Stop the insanity!

So, I have never ventured out into the Black Friday insanity....And now my sister-in-law Tae has provided me yet another reason today why I have no plans to start! Read THIS story about a Wal-Mart employee trampled to death while opening the doors for Black Friday shoppers. Conflicting news reports about the same stampede say that a pregnant woman either miscarried or was taken to the hospital and declared okay.

The worst part in what I read was that when they tried to close the store to investigate etc., people refused to leave, saying they had stood in line since the day before......jeez people! What is our world coming to when a man dies so that we can save a few dollars on the latest gadgets and toys. We live in one of the richest countries in the world, despite the economic downturn....I am saddened by this atrocious behavior....

No comments: